Daisypath Friendship tickers

Daisypath Friendship tickers

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The terrible, awful, very worst day!!!

Day 3.....booooooooo!!! Today was horrible!!! Thelma (aka Jodi) got the worst news ever....Louise is going to be on the road solo for 10 sleeps!!! No we are not fighting! Apparently my retina and my eye decided to have a trial seperation.....not good my friends! The result...TOTAL blindness in my right eye....the plan....eye surgery in the a.m.....the bad news....no flying for 4 weeks....the plan for the rest of the 19 sleeps....I will get my big butt on an Amtrak train for 72 hours and meet up with Louise in Texas!!! Yes, this does suck more than you know....however, I have not overlooked the blessings in this situation-I am kindof a glass half full gal-We were supposed to be in Reno today but our enrollment was postponed! And we had never booked our flight home, so we are getting on another Amtrak train for 48 hours to get from Texas to Reno!! The plan is they are going to take my eyeball out, patch it up with some silicone, put a gas bubble in it and put me on recliner rest-because I cannot lay flat for 4 weeks. And I cannot fly because the gas bubble in my eye will explode, but the good news is they can restore my sight, which I am very thankful for!! So even though I got some really bad news today, it could be so much worse! I am lucky because my detachment is on the top of my eye, if it was on the bottom, after the surgery, I would have to lay flat on my belly for 4 weeks...so I really am blessed!! Thanks for listening to me rant....I am so sorry to my BFF Louise, but I promise when I get to Texas, we are going to have the adventure of a lifetime....XXOO T&L

No comments:

Post a Comment