Daisypath Friendship tickers

Daisypath Friendship tickers

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The show must go on....

Ok...now I can see well enough to type, it is time for an update!!!

My surgery last week went ok, they found another hole they had to fix but that should come as no surprise to anyone who knows me, as I am much holier than most!! Seriously though, thanks for all the thoughts and prayers coming my way. I feel totally blessed by my experience, especially when I look at how much worse it could have been. I am lucky I was here and not traveling when this happened, I am lucky my tears are on the top of my retina, if they were on the bottom, I would have to lie face down 24/7 for two weeks...and I am blessed to have had this happen when there is a surgery to correct this. 10 years ago they could not have fixed me!!!
So for the trip news, all of my friends are off having great adventures at the many sites around the country and the updates keep coming in. I am so thankful for my friends who are sharing their stories, as the view from the recliner never changes, except for one hour a day when I get to stare at the floor!!!
Denise and Michelle have been in Arizona. They have learned-from the prisoners-how to make a lighter from paper clips, what a keister is, how to make a coffee mug with popsicle sticks and a tattoo gun from a pen and a cd player motor. Also, the value of a cell phone in prison....$800!!!

Louise made it to Florida just to find that there was not a rental car to be found, but I worked my magic and found someone who could hook her up and she is now driving around in a very nice Dodge Caravan!!! She had to drive 2 and a half hours last night in the pouring rainstorm!! Probably cursing me the whole entire time!! But today she hooked up with a Rep from Florida named Bob and she said they are driving around in a white Hummer 2 and she had THE best french fries ever for lunch, so I think I have been forgiven...I hope!!
I saved the best for last....my fabulous husband decided that he did not want me to be on a train for 3 days and so he is driving me to Texas on Tuesday!!! We will stop in New Mexico on Tuesday night and get to Texas on Wednesday!! Louise will fly in to Texas on Thursday and Ken flies out and so the adventure will go on!!! We will have my car and so we won't have to ride the rails!! Everything is falling into place!!
Just a sidenote, Kenneth has requested that we change the name of the blog until he drops me off and the name he has chosen is.....Thelma and Louis on the road!!! Since he is Driving Miss Lazy I have to humor him!!!

TTFN....Thelma, Louis and Louise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment